The school provides an age-appropriate enriched curriculum, wherein learning becomes a joyful experience. Classroom experiences are designed to encourage curiosity, self-expression, joy, and aesthetic sensibility. The guiding principles are to correlate learning with life outside the school and to ensure that there is a shift from rote learning to a deeper understanding of concepts.
To nurture a holistic personality, life skills and humanistic values are incorporated across all subjects. The curriculum framework is designed to promote India’s rich culture and heritage through exposure to liberal arts. Students are sensitised towards protection of flora and fauna. They are inculcated with a spirit of peace, compassion, and brotherhood.
Independence in thought and action—individually and collectively—is encouraged. The curriculum enhancements focus on creating collaborative citizens who are conscious of their rights and duties. The focus is on going beyond textbooks through varied community-outreach programmes so that they become socially and ethically responsible citizens who grow up to become valuable assets for their community.
Our curriculum framing is done at the keeping the age groups of our students in the mind.
Level 1: Pre-primary (NURSERY–SENIOR KG)
- Learning is made interesting, fun, and activity-oriented.
- Focus is on developing communication skills and on reinforcing an innate sense of discovery in everything that is taught.
Level 2: Primary School (Class I–V)
- A thematic approach is designed to stimulate children through various interactive sessions and activities.
- Students are active learners who research, interpret, communicate, and process learning through competitions, class assemblies, public speaking, talk shows, jam sessions, skits, and so on.
Level 3: Middle School (Class VI–VIII)
- The emphasis is on acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge.
- The curriculum is research-oriented and based on teamwork, that is, discussions, group project work, discovery, and exploration.
- Personality development is enhanced through various activities designed and conducted for the students.
- Value education and adolescent issues are dealt with sensitivity.
- Coping with peer pressure is addressed.
- Students work in groups and make PowerPoint presentations on topics related to what they are studying. Parents are also invited for these presentations.
Level 4: Senior School (Class IX–X)
- A trans disciplinary approach is adopted to achieve the objectives of the curriculum.
- Integrated projects are initiated for enhancing the conceptual understanding and practical application of studied areas.
- Online practice worksheets are regularly given to prepare students for Problem Solving Assessments.
- Class assignments are implemented to deal with specific concepts.
- For Open Text-based Assessment, students are acquainted with latest strategies such as Jigsaw Reading, which are combined with group discussions and presentations.
Work Experience is one of the most significant areas where we ensure that our students implement their knowledge in practical form. The Global School celebrates Knowledge Fest where our students display their skill by live activities / modals. Work-centred education as an integrated part of the school curriculum at all levels lays the foundation for leveraging vocational education to meet the challenges of the globalised economy.
Our Earth, Our Responsibility
Rallies, street plays, poster and slogan-writing competitions, and so on create awareness about the responsibility of each individual to protect the planet and its environment. ‘Van Mahotsav’ is responsibility that students take very seriously. Projects, models, and innovative ideas to save resources find ample display on school premises. The Eco Club organises activities to support this mission.
Spirit of Share and Care
Our students are groomed to serve the community. They celebrate festivals, birthdays, and other occasions together with the lesser privileged children of the society. Through community outreach programmes, From time to time, students participate in various social initiatives such as joy of giving, road safety, anti-road rage, and cleanliness campaigns.
Diversity Instills Unity
Respect for all learners creates a harmonious environment in the school wherein students from all strata of society form a homogenous group. Cultures, traditions, and different religions are embraced with equanimity.